Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The dream sequance

Bowen stood alone in the castle's enormous entrance hall. The room glowed with a heavenly feel as the sunlight filtered through the translucent walls. His hand lightly touched the stone banister of the grand staircase. The room was so familiar, his heart tightened as he remembered the last time he had been in this home. A soft whisper pulled him from his memories. "Bowen." The sound was soft but Bowen already knew where it was coming from. The young girls voice was so familiar, possibly as familiar as his own voice.He raced up the large staircase toward the nursery. She would be waiting in her room her chubby little arms reaching for him as she always was. He slowed as he approached the door. Something wasn't right. The door was closed. He thought back to his previous dreams, the door was always open. He opened the door cautiously. The room had the same ethereal glow as the entrance hall. The crystal mobile over the crib cast small rainbows around the room. He pushed the door until he saw a women sitting in the queens rocking chair holding a small stuffed Zintar. She looked up when Bowen demanded, "What have you done with the princess and why are you in my dream?" The woman's lips curved into the most beautiful smile he had ever seen. "You know, on earth they call this a horse." She fingered the stuffed toy. "Answer me." He yelled. "You tell me." She said matter of factly. Slowly she walked toward him, her long white dress flowing elegantly behind her. Her eyes never leaving him. He knew those eyes. "It's not possible. The last time I saw you you were two." "Are you sure the last time was not more recently?" Her hand lightly touched his arm. Looking into those green eyes he remembered the frightened girl in the cell. Before he could think he pulled her into his arms. "I'v been looking for so long, I never thought I would find you." He pulled back to look at her again. "I love you, I always have." "Bowen our time is growing short. Save me Bowen. Save me."
This is just a small part of my current project. Please tell me what you think.

5 comments:

Autumn said...

Oh, Bowen!!! :)

This is great, Jade! I am totally intrigued and have so many questions just from reading this. I like your descriptions too.

There are a couple grammar issues that need to be fixed- but over all it's really good. I would love to read more.

Christine said...

Very Nice! And welcome to the blogging and writing world. Can't wait to get to know you better. Autumn is such a cool person, so I'm sure you are just as fantastic. Are you going to the Conference in April? If so, I hope to meet you there. Again . . . WELCOME!!!

Kimberly Job said...

Glad to have one more writing friend. Your sister is the coolest. Can't wait to get to know you as well!

Angie said...

That's intriguing. Keep at it!

Anonymous said...

Rock on! I wanna read more!